Southwest Gwinnett Chamber
2016 Program of Work
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce will advance the economic, educational and cultural growth of Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners to enhance the quality of living in our communities and to foster continuous improvements of the tri-city area as the place to live, work and enjoy a sustained healthy quality of life.
SUPPORT FOR EXISTING BUSINESSThe Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce (SWGC) believes in creating dynamic learning experiences while providing creative business to business networking opportunities. The Chamber will provide leadership training, seminars and conferences on a variety of business-related topics of interest that support existing business success and growth in the tri-city area.
- 2015-2016 Southwest Gwinnett Business Survey
Create and distribute an online survey to existing businesses in Southwest Gwinnett asking what services, events, business/political support and community involvement that they would like to see the SWG Chamber provide and support. The SWGC will develop a specific support plan in line with the business survey results. From this survey develop programs that meet our member objectives. This resulted in the following 2016 Program of Work.
BUSINESS MARKETING / COMMUNICATION
The Chamber will encourage its members to actively engage other members, as well as the general public, in order to grow their businesses through face-to-face and media connections.
Business Visibility – The Chamber has created a new business marketing kit to help new member businesses become active within the Chamber, including information about the programs available for event sponsorships and email advertising.
The Leadership Challenge Workshop – Launch a series of classes designed to inspire, engage, and help local business owners / managers develop the leadership skills needed to achieve extraordinary results in their businesses and organizations today.
Membership Directory – The Chamber will produce a directory for insertion in Inside Gwinnett Magazine with additional copies for distribution to promote the Southwest Gwinnett county area and member businesses.
CHAMBER EVENTSIn an effort to keep its membership and the community fully informed, the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber will host a series of monthly meetings and networking events.
- First Friday – The Chamber will host a monthly breakfast to bring local, regional, and national thought leaders before the membership. This will be an opportunity to engage, network and interact with leaders on topics of vital importance to the Southwest Gwinnett area.
- Chamber Business Round Tables (CBR) – The Chamber will host a series of roundtable discussion groups that will focus on meaningful topics of local business interest. These will be “nuts and bolts” discussions aimed at improving business with topics such as personnel, social media and changing business law.
- Business After Hours – The Chamber will help member businesses increase their visibility through monthly networking events to provide “B2B” exchange and an opportunity for Chamber members to showcase their businesses.
- Casual Morning Breakfast Group – A cup of Joe and who do you know - A Friday morning networking event to foster business to business in the tri-city area.
2016 SIGNATURE PROJECT
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber is committed to making a difference in our community. In support of this vision, the Chamber’s 2016 Signature Project will to co-sponsor with The Peachtree Corners Rotary a Career Opportunity Day to benefit high school students in the tri-city area.
The program will focus on recruiting businesses and volunteers to create a classic business to student recruiting process with mock student interviews followed by individual Q&A time for the students with multiple local business leaders. It will be very similar to a business convention with our local businesses setting up booths for our students to visit and ask questions. Business and volunteers will highlight the skills and knowledge required for success in a chosen field of work. The all-day career day will be held in April, 2016, at Norcross High School.